Sunday, February 2, 2014

Home Stretch

I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was good, but short.  I can't remember the last time we had a two day weekend.

100th day will be on Friday, as long as we go to school all week.  I haven't made plans for it yet since it has been changing so often.  But, we will do something fun and different that day.

Friday we took the Fundations test for unit 8.  For the most part, the kids did a great job on it.  Just a reminder that 80% is passing.

The kids have been workking so hard on their music concert and we are in the home stretch! I finally got to see it this week and it is so cool! Ms. Durand has outdone herself this time.  We will perform for the school one week from Monday and for all of you on Tuesday night at 6:30 (February 11) at the high school.  We need all of the kids delivered to the band room by 6:10.  If you can not be there, please let me know right away so I can tell Ms. Durand.  Our class is in the middle of the bleachers, closer to the side facing Main street.  I hope that makes sense, I am not a directions person.  After the concert, we will be having our open house at the elementary school.  All of second grade will have their projects displayed in the cafeteria.

Last week, I sent home the sheet that explains the project that is due on February 10th.  If you have any questions regarding their fairy tales or the project, feel free to ask.  Most of the kids have begun their rough drafts.  These cold days have made it difficult to complete their fairy tales but, they are having so much fun writing them.  There are some clever plots!

On Friday, I sent home some information regarding our money test.  We will be taking the test on Friday, regardless of anything that comes up.  Early this week, I will be sending home information about the new Fundations unit.  This unit is a tricky one.  Due to all of the music concert madness, this unit will take longer than is recommended.  I am planning on taking the test Friday, February 21st.  There will be a check up on February 11th and I will have them take a quick practice test using Spelling City on February 18th.

Book orders are getting sent home tomorrow.  They will be due on February 19th. 

Finally, my husband and I were in Pec on Saturday and while I caught up on some things in my classroom, he created something really cool for us on my floor.  We now have a lifesize game board in our classroom that we will use for math, reading and Fundations. I am so excited to use it! I wish I could take credit for the idea, but this is from the mind of Laura Wanke.  There is a picture below.


Ready for the weekend! 

Saturday Basketball



No comments:

Post a Comment