Thursday, February 6, 2014

Music Concert

Our music concert is ALMOST here! The kids will be performing for the elementary school on Monday afternoon and for all of you on Tuesday night at 6:30.  Kids need to be dropped off in the band room by 6:10.  I will be there to supervise. Afterwards, head to the elementary school for our open house in the cafeteria!  

The fairy tale projects are due on Monday.  Most of the kids are close to done with their fairy tales.  I feel like this was more rushed than I would have liked due to missing 6 school days, but we have done what we can.  I will be sending home story planners and rough drafts as they complete them to aid in the completion of their projects.

We will be having 2 field trips this year! I have planned one to The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago on May 9th.  We can only have 4 chaperones per classroom so, I will be sending information home about this in two weeks and to be fair, I will draw out of a hat the parents that are able to join us.  The parents will also have to pay the field trip fee.  The other field trip will be a day trip to Krape Park in Freeport.  This one will be free.  It will be in May but, we are not sure of the date yet.

We will be taking a money test tomorrow morning.  Based on my time with my groups this week, I think everyone seems like they get it but, they should take some time tonight to review.

February 11th is the Fundations Check up. The test will be on 2-21.

Below are some pictures of the kids working on our life-size game board!




Joshua is our Bumblebee of the Week! He is an awesome addition to the classroom and has impeccable manners!



No comments:

Post a Comment