Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Some Pig

I hope you all had a great 3 day weekend.  I would have enjoyed it more had the snow not shown up! I wanted to thank all of the parents that helped with the Valentine's Day party in anyway.  They had an absolute blast and so did I.  Thank you all SOOOO much!

This week we are starting a few new things that I am REALLY excited about.  Today, we officially started our graphing unit.  We all tried three kinds of popcorn and then made a tally chart, bar graph, pictograph and finally, answered some basic questions about it.  Next week (hopefully Monday), I will be sending home a study guide for the graphing test that will be on Friday, February 28th.  Most of the kids get graphs but, we will be fine tuning some skills and diving a little deeper.

Tomorrow, we are going to start reading Charlotte's Web.  This was my favorite book in second grade and I can not wait to share it with my class.  They will each have their own copy and will be expected to follow along as we read in class.  After some chapters we will be answering comprehension questions and doing other activities.

Also, tomorrow I will be sending home field trip permission slips.  This is for the big field trip that we will be taking on May 9th.  After you get the information, if you have any questions, please let me know.

The Unit 9 Fundations test will be on Friday!

The end of the quarter is on March 7th.

Below are some pictures from our graphing today, the Blue and Gold Banquet and the Valentine's Day party... Enjoy!


Brady was too interested in the popcorn to smile... 


Kadin always catches me taking pictures and makes a silly face. 

Way to go, boys!







Sam was thoroughly enjoying musical hearts! 



Ethan estimated right and won the jar of candy!



No comments:

Post a Comment