Thursday, February 13, 2014

Our Morning Discussion

I am not the type of teacher that yells or even raises my voice.  However, lately that has been the norm.  As a class, we are struggling with manners, following the rules and showing respect towards others.  This morning was my breaking point with them.  I have spoken with them about these issues more times than I can count and today, I was done.  I did not yell, instead I told them how it makes me feel when these issues arise.  I also explained that this is the last time we will have a discussion like this.  If this continues, I am done with all of the extra, above and beyond things we do in our classroom.  I wanted to share this with all of you because this truly is a whole class problem.  There are very few kids that I would exclude from this issue.  Plus, I am betting some of your kiddos will come home and tell you about how serious I got with them this morning.  I am TRULY hoping that this does not continue and this is the last time you will hear about it.  I am incredibly lucky to teach your kids and I could not ask for a better job. I love each and every one of them.  I have very high expectations for all of them that go beyond their academics. 

On a less serious note... the Valentine's Day party is tomorrow at 12:45 until 1:15ish.  Make sure your kiddo has a box for their cards.  Also, no school on Monday.  

THANK YOU!   

No comments:

Post a Comment