Monday, January 27, 2014

Are we ever going back to school?

I miss my second graders! I feel like it has been forever since I've seen them.  I did get to see some of them at the basketball game on Saturday.  I am always willing to go to anything and everything the kids do outside of school.  So, if your kiddo wants me to attend anything, I will be there!

I am hoping that we will be back at school tomorrow.  If we are then the Fundations unit 8 test will be on Wednesday.  We will take a quick check up on Tuesday to make sure we are ready though.  If we do not go to school tomorrow, then the test will be on Thursday.

This week starts our extra music concert practices.  The end of the day will be all about music and making sure that we are ready for you all in a couple of weeks.  If for any reason your kiddo can not be at the concert, let us know right away so Ms. Durand can make the necessary adjustments.  The concert is set for Tuesday, February 11th and an open house at the elementary school will follow.

I will be sending home a letter this week regarding an at home project.  It will be due on February 10th.  The second grade teachers wanted to make sure you all had more than enough time to work on it.

MAP testing went AMAZING! I was so impressed by the effort that all of the kids put into it.  Everyone's score went up in every area.  Some went up to what was projected and others went up SO much more than I could have ever imagined.  A few of the kids made me tear up due to their extraodinary growth.  I am so proud of these kids and you should be too!

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment