Thursday, May 1, 2014

MAY!

We took the time test yesterday and I was extremely happy with the results! The class average was 94%.  The Fundations unit 14 test will be on Friday.

Also on Friday, we will be having a pancake day! We will be reading the story, "Pancakes for Supper." After we take the test, the kiddos and I will be having a rather relaxing day.  I am also planning on having a kite afternoon.  When I was at Crimson Ridge the other week, the owner was kind enough to donate 26 kites to my classroom once he found out I was a teacher. I told the kids that this adventure will be weather dependent.

Yesterday we cleaned out our bins!!! They were a MESS!


We have officially finished covering all of the Common Core Math Standards.  So, now we will be going back and making sure they have been mastered.  I gave the kids a quick pop quiz review over everything we covered this year and I will use those results to structure the rest of math instruction for the year.  

Our field trip to the Museum of Science and Industry is next Friday.  Make sure your student is here no later than 7:20 and is picked up by 4:20.  I have not heard from any parents that they plan on driving.  Please let me know if you are going to.  Also, I will be sending home a consent form regarding electronics on the bus.  You only need to sign and return it if your student is planning on bringing an iPod, Kindle, DS or any other electronic device on the bus.

I will not be at school on Monday.  My husband and I are in the process of becoming foster parents with the goal of adoption and we need to get some ducks in a row, including doctor visits and paperwork. I let the kids know that I will not be here that day and I expect them to be on their best behavior.  Next week will be a lot of fun, but extremely crazy, as well!  




No comments:

Post a Comment