Thursday, December 12, 2013

Polar Express Day

Yesterday was Polar Express day.  The kids had a great time doing some writing and math activities in the morning.  Then, we drank homemade hot chocolate and watched the movie.  I was the only one in the class who had never seen it before.  It was an awesome movie! We also went shopping at Santa's workshop. Below are some pictures from the day.











We are working A LOT on writing this week.  I think we have a better grasp of some concepts.  They are turning in a formal writing piece to me today.  On Monday, we will begin a new unit that focuses on informative writing and the difference between fact and opinion.  

Friday is an 11:05 dismissal.  The whole school will be participating in a Winter Extravaganza! They will be rotating through different grade levels.  Each grade level has planned a fun winter related activity.  

Next Friday marks the end of 2nd quarter.  I can't believe that we are half way done with second grade! The last two quarters are going to be challenging, so we will be working hard!

The homework that I sent home yesterday was all about subtraction with regrouping, which we have been doing since early November.  It is a tricky concept for many kids. Also, I apologize for making one of the problems impossible to do.  I know that 2nd graders are not going to be able to do 93-98.  I did it to keep you all on your toes:).  We are not learning about negative numbers.  

The kids have started working on their music concert.  They will perform for all of you on February 11th. 

As always, any questions or anything, let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment