Thursday, November 14, 2013

Our Big Dreams

This week has been full of a lot of new things for us.  We have started subtraction with regrouping, a new Fundations unit, new books in reading groups and more.  In math, subtraction with regrouping is a difficult concept for kids to wrap their minds around.  So, I remembered a little jingle that my 3rd grade teacher used when we were learning it; "Like a good neighbor (insert number) is there." It seems to have stuck and we have been using it an awful lot in math groups.

During our shared reading time we read a book called, "My Name is Not Isabella,"  It is one of my favorite books ever.  As you saw on the homework, the book talked about different women in history that have made a difference.  After we read the books, the kids were asked to come up with what their big dream was.  I always participate in these things as well.  I shared mine, which is to be a mom someday and then several of the kids yelled, "You already are a mom." To which, I responded not yet.  Then they all chimed in and said "You are like our mom at school, you call us your kids."  That warmed my heart.  You all have amazing kids and I am lucky to teach them.  They are so sweet and kind and they have really taken what I said to heart about our class being a family.


Miley was voted our Bumblebee of the Week this week.  She is always so kind to everyone. Yay Miley! 

We will have a Fundations check up tomorrow and I will do my best to get that home to you tomorrow as well.  Have a great weekend and let me know if you have any questions! 




No comments:

Post a Comment